[DRBD-user] stacking query

Richard Hector richard at catalyst.net.nz
Mon Aug 17 10:50:00 CEST 2009

I'm a little confused by the example configs for stacking.

What is the address specified in the stacked-on-top-of section?

I guess there is a possible need for a different one, since it's likely
to be on a different network segment from the lower resource (which I
intend to put on a dedicated link) - but do I just choose one of the
servers arbitrarily? Should it be the one I want to be the overall
primary, or can I save bandwidth on that by replicating from the
underlying secondary to the third box?

Thanks,

Richard