[DRBD-user] DRBD Primary/Primary and iscsi multipathing

Jakov Sosic jakov.sosic at srce.hr
Sat Aug 15 20:15:46 CEST 2009

On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 23:57:38 -0500
Gary Bowers <gbowers at itrus.com> wrote:

> I actually did have this setup for a vmware 3.5 setup.  My main
> problem was performance, and we scrapped the whole project.  After
> much troubleshooting and reconfiguration into a Primary/Slave, we
> found out that RAID 5 was our big problem.  We rebuilt on RAID0, and
> mirrored.
>
> It actually did work, and I was pleasantly surprised that it was
> quite resilient.  There is some documentation floating around on
> setting this up, if you look for it.

I don't need the whole documentation, but if you could provide it, it
would be great.

Anyway, how did you solve that targed daemon is supposed to start only
and only if both nodes are in primary state, and are synced (so that
you could avoid any possibility that split brain occur in a state
that both primaries are modified but not in synchronous mode)?

I've written script that checks /proc/drbd state, and it works OK, and
if state is not ok, then administrator must do it manually.

Anyway - I use hw RAID6, so we're yet to see the state of performance...

--
|    Jakov Sosic    |    ICQ: 28410271    |   PGP: 0x965CAE2D   |