[DRBD-user] What is the correct way to configure partitions for DRBD?

Daniele Visaggio visaggio.daniele at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 07:59:35 CEST 2009

Hi list,

I have two doubts about the best way to configure the low-level storage
for drbd. I searched a lot on google, but I feel I'm missing
something...I have set up two identical ext3 partitions on my Ubuntu
servers for data replication; this partitions are automatically mounted
and, infact, they are present in the relative /etc/fstab files.

My doubts:

1)  Do I need to *umount* them before installing/configuring drbd?
2)  Do I need to delete from /etc/fstab every reference to /dev/sda3 (my
sync partiton) before configuring drbd?

Thank you,

Daniele