[DRBD-user] DRBD and LVM Snapshots on Secondary

Jürgen Scholz juergen at kernkraft400.com
Thu Aug 13 19:52:59 CEST 2009

Hello!

> Your idea of using LVM both above and below DRBD is interesting. Do
> you have any experience with this? Do you know if there is any major
> performance penalty for running 2 LVM layers?
I don't have experience with this. But setups like this have been
discussed here several times. obvieously another LVM layer will reduce
the systems performance. But this would probably be better than
snapshotting on the primary.

You just have to benchmark this with a test setup if you are concerned
with performance.

hth
  juergen