WG: [DRBD-user] Error while compiling on SLES10-ppc

Klaus Jagemann k.jagemann at alcoidstein.de
Tue Nov 11 14:51:59 CET 2008

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Klaus Jagemann
Gesendet: Dienstag, 11. November 2008 12:38
An: 'Lars Ellenberg'
Betreff: AW: [DRBD-user] Error while compiling on SLES10-ppc

Phew,

this is what I would call immediate reaction, thanks a lot!

We mainly deal with IBM iSeries which are ppc machines. Recently it seems to be "fashionable" to run Linux in hosted virtual Partitions on these boxes.

> > I can not help you with that build issue from the
> > top of my head, but I can tell you that the module you would get
> > if the build would run through would be not be functional...
> >
> > We just recently fixed an endianess issue in the code, you have
> > to wait for 8.0.14 or 8.2.7, which will be released RSN.

This confuses me a little because I used 8.2.7rc2. Is this working?
If not, which version would you suggest?
Actually I am using 8.0.7 which works fine for me but as we are developing HA-scenarios for customers I would prefer a more recent version to prevent problems in the future.

> > PS: Does a simple "make" work in the drbd source dir?
>
> if not, you probably need to install
> "kernel-source" and "kernel-syms" packages.

Indeed, kernel-syms was missing. Now everything compiles fine but I don't dare to update before I confirmed proper function of the new version according to Philipp's comment.

Thanks again and best regards

Klaus