[DRBD-user] system freezes with drbd 0.7.21 on kernel 2.6.18

Joachim Rieger joachim.rieger at agimatec.de
Thu Jan 31 15:56:25 CET 2008

Hello Peter, hello list

yes I do the 'dd' on the Xen guest/ duomU.
why do you ask ?
Meanwhile I tried to take another NIC for the drbd/heartbeat cross
connection (have the drbd cluster on two Sun X2100M2 which has 2
Broadcom and two Nvidia NIC), but switching on the Nvidia NIC did not
solve the problem.
Now I think about, to setup LVM on/over drbd (because Florian Haas told
that Xen with loop/img files is not recommended)
and setup a LV for each domU.
Any experiences about that ?

regards
Joachim

> When you are performing the DD, is this within the Xen guest OS or
> within the Xen host OS?  It sounds like you are doing this within the
> Xen guest OS.
>
> Peter
>
> On Tue, 2008-01-29 at 11:07 +0100, Joachim Rieger wrote:
>
>> ok, I updated drbd yesterday to version 8.2.4 but the problem still
>> exists.
>> (my test: dd if=/dev/zero of=dd-test1 bs=1024k count=2000 on Xen
>> container
>> and after that, the Xen Container and the Dom0 just hangs.)
>> Problem also appears if heartbeat is down.
>> Problem does not appear when one host is down, and both
>> drbd-partitions
>> are active on one host.
>> Can it be something with the NIC ?
>> drbd and heartbeat are connected through 1Gb cross connection.

---
Joachim Rieger

agimatec GmbH
Adenauerallee 73