[DRBD-user] drbd and LVM -> always getting duplicate volumes (was: can't use LVM2 on drbd devices)

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Jan 24 20:59:44 CET 2008

Carlos Xavier schrieb:
> Hi.
> To be able to use lvm on drbd devices i had to modify the file
> /etc/lvm/lvm.conf, to exclude the phisical devive and include the
> logical device.
> This is what was modified:
>
>    # By default we accept every block device:
> #    filter = [ "a/.*/" ]
>    filter = [ "r|/dev/cdrom|", "r|/dev/sda6|", "a|/dev/drbd0|",
> "r|/dev/sda7|", "a|/dev/drbd1|" ]

I got that problem solved, see my earlier posts.

With your setup however, if you excluded drbd devices, your LVM would
operate on the real devices, like /dev/dm-XY (which would be in turn
/dev/sda etc). Because of this, DRBD would not see the changes happening
on LVM level, and your mirror is likely to be broken now?

However I'm not familiar with your setup, maybe excluding these two drbd
devices was justified.

What does "pvs" show?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski