[DRBD-user] DRBD-Newbie Questions

Andreas Abele andreas.abele at vprofis.de
Sun Jan 13 11:52:34 CET 2008

Hi,
i am quite new to drbd. So here are some maybe stupid questions:

1.) The 4TB Limit is as far as i understand it meant per drbd-device. Am
I right?
1a) So, can i use 2 or more drbd-devices with EACH up to 4TB?

2.) And ist it possible to build  LVMs on top of drbd? For example:
I create 2 drbd-devices with each 4TB. And then i want to combine them
to a Volumegroup with lvm2.
means something like:
- pvcreate /dev/drbd0 /dev/drbd1
- vgcreate data /dev/drbd0 /dev/drbd1
- lvcreate -n shares -L 6TB data; lvcreate -n homes -L 2TB data
and the resulting vg should have 8TB.

I am using ubuntu-server 7.10-i386 (kernel 2.6.22-x) and drbd-8.0.8.

kind regards
Andreas Abdele

--
  Die schlimmste aller Weltanschauungen ist die derer,
  die die Welt nie angeschaut haben.

Andreas Abele
Newton-Abbot-Straße 18
74354 Besigheim