[DRBD-user] Failure: (114) Lower device is already claimed. This usually means it is mounted. WTF?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Jan 10 13:37:14 CET 2008

Martin Gombac schrieb:
> maybe:
> lsof | grep "/dev/mapper"

No, lsof doesn't only shows files (or similar) used by programs, it
won't show show block devices used by the kernel (i.e. mounted, used by
swap etc.).
Some information could be fetched from /sys (which module uses a given
block device).

The issue has something to do with multipath in device mapper (over
which DRBD is used here).

I found a workaround, but I don't know the full story yet.

Will keep the list updated...

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org