[DRBD-user] Recommended Hardware

Marcel Prisi mprisi-lists at virtua.ch
Tue Feb 19 14:47:26 CET 2008

Hi,

I need to setup a new DRBD NFS Cluster, and am looking for the best
hardware at a reasonable price.

The cluster will be used for a load-balanced website, and will store
Maildir style user data and lots of small cache files.

200-400Gb of disk size will be enough.

We currently have a cluster running on a pair of IBM xservers with RAID1
10k SAS disks, linux software raid and LVM ... works perfectly well, but
not the fastest around.

What RAID controller is known to work well ? Or what controller is known
to have troubles ?

Thanks for helping !