[DRBD-user] Can i trust "resize"?

Dominik Klein dk at in-telegence.net
Wed Feb 20 10:02:11 CET 2008

This was posted to the list earlier:

Your recommended approach for shrinking a DRBD device is this:

    1. drbdadm down <resource> (on both nodes)
    2. Shrink filesystem on underlying volume (on one node)
    3. Shrink LV's (on both nodes)
    4. Re-create DRBD meta data, drbdadm create-md <resource> (both nodes)
    5. drbdadm up <resource> (both nodes)
    6. drbdadm -- --overwrite-data-of-peer primary <resource> (on node
where you shrunk the file system)

Rustedt, Florian wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> We need to reduce an existing drbd-drive. Now we now, that there's a
> "mystical" resize function, but we're anxious to use it, because this system
> is very important.
>
> What are the caveats?

Regards
Dominik