[DRBD-user] Recommended Hardware

Marcel Prisi marcel.prisi at virtua.ch
Fri Feb 22 07:48:41 CET 2008

Hi again,

Seeing the overwhelming success of my thread, I should maybe ask the
other way ...

Is there some hardware, particularly RAID/ethernet cards, that is NOT
working well ?

Thanks.

Le mardi 19 février 2008 à 14:47 +0100, Marcel Prisi a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I need to setup a new DRBD NFS Cluster, and am looking for the best
> hardware at a reasonable price.
>
> The cluster will be used for a load-balanced website, and will store
> Maildir style user data and lots of small cache files.
>
> 200-400Gb of disk size will be enough.
>
> We currently have a cluster running on a pair of IBM xservers with RAID1
> 10k SAS disks, linux software raid and LVM ... works perfectly well, but
> not the fastest around.
>
> What RAID controller is known to work well ? Or what controller is known
> to have troubles ?
>
> Thanks for helping !

Marcel Prisi
co-director - head of network services

virtua SA  interactive communication agency
En Clamogne 27
Ch -1170 Aubonne
T. +41 21 821 15 20
F. +41 21 821 15 21