[DRBD-user] Re: 8.0.6 Sync problem after updating kernel

Peter P GMX Prometheus001 at gmx.net
Sat Oct 13 00:54:51 CEST 2007

Thank you for your hint.

Of course I have mounted the device on Machine B in r/o mode in order
not to loose data.

I am still curious how drbd is populating the changes on the file system
on machine B:
- So drbd is populating the changes to machine B (example: new file on
harddisk on B).
- The filesystem on B should be in a current state (example: new file on
harddisk on B is really stored).
- But on the OS side ext3 is not aware of the changes (example: file is
not present).
I can imagine that in a r/w environment this will create diffcilties.

But in r/o mode I should not be able to change the data - or? I am
looking for a solution to have at least a limited access from B to the
joint filesystem.