[DRBD-user] A simple test

Ben bench at silentmedia.com
Tue Jun 12 21:00:43 CEST 2007

Heartbeat comes with a nice script to make this easy:

/etc/ha.d/resource.d/drbddisk < drbd resource >  < start | stop >

You can use this even if Heartbeat isn't running, and it's the script
Heartbeat will use, so if you're testing to make sure Heartbeat will
work, I recommend using it to test. If you want to be gentle, stop
the resource on the first node and then start it on the second. If
you want to be more paranoid, pull the plug on the first node instead
of stopping the resource, and verify everything is still correct.