[DRBD-user] A simple test

Ryan Steele steele at agora-net.com
Tue Jun 12 20:33:15 CEST 2007

Hey folks,

Before I get Heartbeat into the mix, I want to verify DRBD is working
properly in my setup.  I have DRBD running on both boxes, and have done
a --do-what-I-say primary all on the first machine.  I then mounted
/dev/drbd0 on /home on the first machine and put a little test file there.

Now, I want to verify that I can mount /dev/drbd0 on /home on the second
machine and see the little test file there.  What is the best way to go
about doing so?  Thanks for any advice.

By the way, /proc/drbd says things are consistent, so I think as long as
I can verify what I said above, I should be ready to introduce
Heartbeat.  Thanks again!

Best Regards,
Ryan