[DRBD-user] A simple test

Ryan Steele steele at agora-net.com
Tue Jun 12 21:04:05 CEST 2007

Well, the only problem with that script is that it isn't mounting the
drbd device, /dev/drbd0.  I assume it's supposed to, and I'm just not
doing something correctly?  As a test, I manually mounted /dev/drbd0 on
/home on machine A, created a test file, then unmounted /dev/drbd0 on
machine A and executed a 'drbdadm secondary r0'.  I then went to machine
B and made it primary and mounted /dev/drbd0 on /home there, but the
test file I created wasn't there.

Here's what gets me though:  when I unmounted /dev/drbd0 on machine A,
and I executed an 'ls' on /home, the test file was still there.  I
thought maybe the 'mount /dev/drbd0 /home' had silently failed, but I
tested the same scenario again, and verified by running the 'mount'
command that /dev/drbd0 was indeed mounted on /home.  I'm a bit confused
here... any reason why the test file wouldn't disappear when I unmounted
/dev/drbd0 on machine A?  I have a feeling when I get that figured out,
I'll see the file on machine B when I mount it there...

Any suggestions are welcome, and here is some output that might help:

db1:/# cat /etc/drbd.conf
resource r0 {
  protocol      C;
  incon-degr-cmd "echo '!DRBD! pri on incon-degr' | wall ; sleep 60 ;
halt -f";
  startup { wfc-timeout 0; degr-wfc-timeout     120; }
  disk { on-io-error detach; }
  syncer {
    rate        60M;
    group       1;   # sync when r2 is finished syncing.
  }
  on db1 {
    device      /dev/drbd0;
    disk        /dev/md7;
    address     192.168.101.26:7791;
    meta-disk   /dev/md1 [0];
  }
  on db2 {
    device      /dev/drbd0;
    disk        /dev/md7;
    address     192.168.101.27:7791;
    meta-disk   /dev/md1 [0];
  }
}

db1:/# cat /proc/drbd
version: 0.7.24 (api:79/proto:74)
SVN Revision: 2875 build by root at abbott, 2007-06-07 13:40:33
 0: cs:Connected st:Primary/Secondary ld:Consistent
    ns:92 nr:208540048 dw:208540140 dr:6460 al:2 bm:38189 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0
ap:0
 1: cs:Unconfigured

db2:/# cat /proc/drbd
version: 0.7.24 (api:79/proto:74)
SVN Revision: 2875 build by root at abbott, 2007-06-07 13:40:33
 0: cs:Connected st:Secondary/Primary ld:Consistent
    ns:92 nr:208540048 dw:208540140 dr:6460 al:2 bm:38189 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0
ap:0
 1: cs:Unconfigured

Best Regards,
Ryan