[DRBD-user] CVS replication with drbd?

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Dec 18 19:17:04 CET 2007

On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 12:32:49AM -0800, Tracy R Reed wrote:

> I have a situation where I have local developers in town with tons of
> bandwidth and remote developers in Argentina with only a T1. I am hoping
> to replicate some data including our CVS repository to Argentina so they
> have a local copy. Sometimes they have to check out 200M of code and it
> takes forever over a T1. If it were constantly synced up and ready when
> they needed it things would be much nicer.
>
> Can DRBD be safely used (over VPN) over the Internet as opposed to just
> between two boxes on the same LAN?
>
> If I want both locations to be able to write to the volume I assume I
> will have to use something like GFS. Anyone have experience running CVS
> on GFS on DRBD over the Internet?
>
> Is this whole idea nuts?

using drbd in this context is not a good idea.

I certainly recommend switching to git.
you will never ever again complain about
slowness or limitations of your version control system.

--
: Lars Ellenberg                           http://www.linbit.com :
: DRBD/HA support and consulting             sales at linbit.com :