[DRBD-user] STONITH

nick nick at mobilia.it
Thu May 25 10:12:18 CEST 2006

Vampire D wrote:
> Is it possible to setup a reliable DRBD configuration without using
> STONITH interface?  We want to place some units in a rackspace at a data
> center and do want to have to have UPS units sitting in the rack to shut
> them down.
>
> --
> "Do the actors on Unsolved Mysteries ever get arrested because they look
> just like the criminal they are playing?"
>
> Christopher

I use my heartbeat + drbd setup without stonith, it's not necessary,
just nice to have in a situation where one system locks up. Otherwise,
it's possible you'll run into a situation where one side is in some way
disabled, but it refuses to give up the resources. It just means you'll
need to intervene manually.

Just FYI, stonith isn't there to shut them down, it will play fine with
NUT or apcupsd, stonith deals with a completely different scenario.