[DRBD-user] partition issues

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Mar 16 22:26:12 CET 2006

> >you cannot partition a drbd.  we don't support partitioning.
> >thats why those device nodes do not exist.
>
> Well, that explains that. Except I'm confused why the xen guest can
> mount each partition as if the drbd device was a normal disk, but
> fdisk on the xen0 domain cannot.

my guess is, the xen0 domain sees the drbd directly,
so it knows there are no partitions possible.
the xen guests see some virtualized block device,
probably virtualized as "ide-generic" or some such, and
that one _is_ able to handle partitions.
it all depends on which part of the block device layer
the domain talks to.