[DRBD-user] Constant OOPses with drbd (0.7.6) module insert + linux 2.6 (+ SLOW synching)

Mixter mixter at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 17:25:06 CET 2005

I see, thanks. The oopses are very irregularly, when they happen then often
10 out of 10, but later, with just rebooting, things work again,
overall 50% occurrence.
I don't have any SMP, but yes, a custom kernel, though other modules
are loading fine.
Recompiling the drbd modules to ensure they match didn't help for now,
you're right that
the error seems very generic, maybe I'll start from scratch with the
kernel config.

Yet, does anyone have a clue about the slow performance? This seems
unrelated to me.
I'm happy for any hints further than doing the benchmark I did. My HDD
is a Maxtor 5A300J0
on a VIA vt8235 UDMA133 controller (with UDMA enabled), not the best,
but not known to
have any such problems by itself, even with backwards writing...

Thanks