[DRBD-user] Constant OOPses with drbd (0.7.6) module insert +linux 2.6 (+ SLOW synching)

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Fri Jan 21 18:48:16 CET 2005

Mixter wrote:

> I see, thanks. The oopses are very irregularly, when they happen then often
> 10 out of 10, but later, with just rebooting, things work again,
> overall 50% occurrence.
> I don't have any SMP, but yes, a custom kernel, though other modules
> are loading fine.
> Recompiling the drbd modules to ensure they match didn't help for now,
> you're right that
> the error seems very generic, maybe I'll start from scratch with the
> kernel config.

<SNIP>
I may probably can not interpret the output, but Lars has mentioned a few
times that when you get an OOPS you need to run it through ksymoops for
others to be able to interpret it.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=ksymoops+site%3Alists.linbit.com&btnG=Search
He also suggests reading /usr/src/linux????/Documentation/oops-tracing.txt

That might give us more hints as to what is wrong. :)
--
Todd Denniston