[DRBD-user] fsck and DRBD

Jeff Buck jeffb at umci.com
Thu Feb 17 19:51:19 CET 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-17 at 10:04, Shane Swartz wrote:

> 1)  Should the fsck be performed on the DRBD device (/dev/drbd0) or the physical device (/dev/sda6)?
fsck should be run on /dev/drbd0. Whenever possible, drbd should be in a
connected state as well. /dev/sda6 will contain your filesystem, but
also contains 128 megs worth of meta data that drbd uses to keep track
of it's synchronization state.

> 2)  What is the best method to install a DRBD file system?  Is it to install the DRBD file system over an existing file system on a physical device or to install the DRBD file system on a physical device that does not have a file system?

Install drbd, then initialize your filesystem on it. The other way
around just means part of your filesystem gets overwritten.