[DRBD-user] Drbd with RTL 8169

Seki Lau sekilau at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 20:12:03 CET 2005

Dear All,
I obvious that when I copy large size file (few Giga bit) file across
drbd device, or performing a full syn, the action does not go smooth.
There has a lot of disconnection / reconnection in order to perform a
single actoin.

Before I focus on hardware , I thought it was the drbd problem. So I
upgraded from drbd 0.7.5 to 0.7.10. (I read the change log. As I
remember , the new version breaks some deadlock or reduce some
waiting).  It does not help.

So, I think it may be my NIC problem. I would like to ask if any one
of you are using NIC with chip realtex 8169. If your machine is using
this chip, have you try to perform a full syn action without
disconnect/reconnection? Or, does the file copy action go smooth when
coping a large size (over Gbytes) files?

Thank in prior

Best Regards,

Seki Lau
(Hong Kong)