[DRBD-user] RE: secondary/secondary

Umair Siddiqi umair at csm.com.pk
Tue Apr 19 06:25:31 CEST 2005

		HI,

		I have

		2 x HP DL380 with 6 x 72GB HPL with RAID 5
		RHEL AS 3
		DRBD 0.7.10
		Heart Beat 1.2.3-2

		After the installation, when I start the services, both
servers gets in secondary mode.

		After several attempts, without any success, I add  "
$DRBDADM primary all" in drbddisk . With that this problem went away and
now the main server is in primary/secondary state.
		Why is that?

		During failover when I turned off the primary server,
the secondary server stays at secondary/unknown and does not switch to
primary state.

		Please let me know what I am doing wrong.

		Either you can SSH the server

		203.82.57.68	primary		root/csm2000
		203.82.57.69	secondary	root/csm2000

		OR let me know which logs you need to check the problem.

		Regards,

		Umair Siddiqi
		Chief Operating Officer

		Computer Supermarket
		103 Golden Plaza Blue Area Islamabad Pakistan

		PBX:    92 51 2273159
		FAX:    92 51 2276952
		DIR:     92 51 2878781