[DRBD-user] Has anyone out there used this with Oracle on Fedora Core 2 or 3?

nemir nemiria nemir at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 23 14:15:05 CET 2004

I have just spent three months staging testign and am about to deploy a drdb
cluster for my employer's linux/c-isam only to be told that they want to
upgrade to oracle now that oracle have announced their new pricing struture.

Should I continue down the DRDB path or buy the more expensive oracle
licenses with their native failover/clustering and possibly buy RHE 3.0
licenses to put them on....?

Personally I would rather use drdb and FC3,  but I am wondering which
solution would provide the most robust cluster/most reliable service uptime.

TIA

Nemir