[DRBD-user] Nodes with different partition size

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Tue Nov 23 15:56:46 CET 2004

On Tuesday 23 November 2004 13:10, Cyril Bouthors wrote:
> I need to configure a DRBD cluster where one of the nodes has a
> slightly smaller device than the other: the first is 482'624'730 big
> whereas the second is 481'861'642 (different disk manufacturer).
>
> According to the FAQ [1], disk-size has to be set to the smallest
> value but I think it's no longer possible with drbd 0.7; at least it's
> not present anymore in documentation/drbd.conf.sgml.
>
> I would like to know if it can be done with 0.7 and how.

drbd-0.7 stores the agreed (smaller) size in its meta-data. Make sure
that the two nodes have seen each other once, then each knows the
agreed size, by reading it form the mata data area. It is no longer
necessary to specify it.

BTW, You can use ~drbd/testing/read_gc.pl to dump the content of
the meta-data. [WARNING: Only use that script if DRBD is stopped.]

-Philipp