[DRBD-user] Upgrade from 0.7-pre8 cvs to 0.7.5

Simon Schwendemann s.schwendemann at netmonic.com
Wed Nov 10 16:32:52 CET 2004

Hello!
We are planing an upgrade from 0.7-pre8 cvs (nfs-server with a 1,5tb)to
the latest 0.7.5 release  in combination with an hardware upgrade on ONE
node (from intel p4 to an dual opteron 244).

we thought the best approach will be:
.)taking the secondary server offline, perform the hardware upgrade.
.)installing Debian-Amd64 with an 2.6.9 AMD64 Kernel on the secondary
.)install / compile drbd 0.7.5 on the secondary
.)bring the server back online, let them sync
.)tell heartbeat to exchange primary to become secondary and vice versa
   to serve everything from the new (upgraded) node
.)now upgrade the old node to 0.7.5

Is the sync protocol compatible between this two releases ?

Are there any know issuses / experiences  on this approach ?

Thanks in advance for any comments!

--
mit freundlichen gruessen / with best regards

simon schwendemann
netmonic - your personal isp
http://netmonic.com/ s.schwendemann at netmonic.com

a-1235 wien, khekgasse 35