[DRBD-user] Opteron/Xeon - Kernel 2.4/2.6 setup

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Sun Jun 20 10:47:27 CEST 2004

On 2004-06-20T00:17:27,
   Daniel Khan <d.khan at ventigo.com> said:

> As the corruption bugs seem top be gone now....
> Could 0.7 be used in a productive environment now?
> Or if not and as the development process seems to be very very active:
> Does it make sense to wait some days to see a version that may be used
> in a productive environment.

You could use it in a production environment, _if_ you are aware of the
early adaptor status. There's no experience yet with the current drbd
running for weeks or months yet. Of course, if there are no early
adaptors, we'll never find out ;-)

My personal guess is that there'll be an official release with 2-4 weeks
(I guess), maybe with some relevant fixes.

However, if you build your production environment as a pilot now, and
let it run for a few days under a load as close as possible to your
production load, this will give you more confidence and help testing
drbd.

If all your tests of the scenarios which are relevant to your production
environment (replication, failover, taking down nodes etc) work out
well, then drbd is stable for your scenario.

<plug style="shameless">
You really should consider a small support contract with Philipp's
company though. If they make some money of drbd, Philipp will be able to
work more on it... (I'm allowed to advertise for him ;-)
</plug>

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb at suse.de>

--
High Availability & Clustering	      \ ever tried. ever failed. no matter.
SUSE Labs			      | try again. fail again. fail better.