[DRBD-user] Opteron/Xeon - Kernel 2.4/2.6 setup

Eugene Crosser crosser at rol.ru
Sun Jun 20 23:12:26 CEST 2004

On Sun, 2004-06-20 at 00:37, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:

> > 1. After manual "drbdadm disconnect", *first* subsequent attempt to
> > "connect" produces stack trace and device stays "StandAlone".  Second
> > attempt to "connect" succeeds and apparently no other harm is done.
> > Maybe it's triggered by the fact that both notes where made primary (to
> > check data integrity), and then the "wrong" one was manually made
> > secondary before trying to connect them again.
>
> "Both nodes primary" is an absolute error condition, basically. (To
> check integrity, you should have went secondary/secondary and then
> compared md5sums of the backing store.)

Why?!
If I *disconnect* the nodes first, it should be OK to make both
standalone/primary.  Then, before connecting them, I make the one that I
know should become slave secondary, and run "invalidate" on it, just as
if it was a scratch store.

Refusing to silently connect in a "questionable" state is OK, I think.
But I just wanted to point out that (1) there was a stack trace in the
log, and (2) on the second try, they did connect.

Eugene