[DRBD-user] Re:Problems with drbd syncing

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Sat Jun 5 19:10:12 CEST 2004

/ 2004-06-05 08:58:37 -0700
\ Arcot Arumugam:
> >>Is drbd very sensitive to network errors?
> >well, what is "very sensitive" ?
> >and what network errors are you talking about?
>
> I have noticed that my network card for some reason, *sometimes* gives
> EAGAIN error on  sock_recvmsg function call. If drbd does not handle this
> error well then that might be a reason why it is not recognizing the other
> node.

hm, well, there should be something in the syslog like
Connection Established / sock_recv returned [something] / connection lost
asender terminated / worker terminated / ...

> In any case, when I do drbdsetup /dev/nbd/0 wait_sync, I see no traffic
> between the two nodes (using ethereal). So there is something fundamentally
> wrong in my setup but I have no idea on how to debug or force drbd to make
> the connection.

the wait_sync ioctl *does nothing* but wait.  literally nothing.
it has nothing to do with drbds internals.

it is only used to block a script that wants to do some action, an the
device, but wants to wait for the device to be in "normal connected
operation mode" before it continues.

so look at the syslog, and see whether you see some drbd related
messages there. if you don't see an initial Connection established,
then make sure your drbd network configuration (ips, ports) are correct.

if you see it, you will see Connection lost, too.
and there should be a reason reported,
why it lost the connection.

	Lars Ellenberg