[DRBD-user] Re:Problems with drbd syncing

En Chiang Lee ena at india.hp.com
Mon Jun 7 08:19:19 CEST 2004

> Again, this might be problem, but I have to check it out. I do not know how
> much modification the SSI guys do to get the software integrated. I am using
> their tar file for this. But I will check it out this monday.
> >interessting. you may want to talk with the openssi guys,
> >they started to try and integrate drbd early this year.
> I did. They had some good suggestions, but it did not work out.  This is the
> most frustrating part, most of the other guys who are trying this out,
> atleast the first sync goes through for them. For some reason, mine is not
> going through.

Hi Arcot,

We integrated drbd-0.7_pre5 with SSI. Currently, I've added a nodenum=
field in the drbd.conf to make it easier to make decisions during
startup since the hostname has not been set.

However, we plan to move to drbd 0.7 as soon as it is formally released
and remove the dependency on node number and use the IP address instead
which is already part of drbd.conf.

The changes in drbd are not much to get it to work with SSI, and we were
hoping to put it into the drbd cvs (Lars/Philipp?) once we remove any
user visible changes ( read nodenum= ).

Regards,

En Chiang