[DRBD-user] Re:Problems with drbd syncing

Arcot Arumugam arcot_arumugam at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 5 17:58:37 CEST 2004

>Arcot Arumugam:
>>Hi Lars
>>
>>First, thanks for your response.
>> >
>> > did you ever look at /proc/drbd ?
>ok, sorry, I just notice this may have sounded offending ...
>was not meant that way.

None taken.

><...>
>
>as long as they are "WFConnection", the Wait for connecten,
>so they are not connected, thus they cannot sync.
>
>>And on the second node:
>>  0: cs:Unconnected st:Secondary/Unknown ld:Consistent
>>     ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 dr:0 al:0 bm:0 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0
>>  1: cs:Unconfigured
>
>Unconnected is even a *transitory* state.
>
>anyways, the output looks like an outdated cvs version.
>please use latest cvs, and try again.

Again, this might be problem, but I have to check it out. I do not know how
much modification the SSI guys do to get the software integrated. I am using
their tar file for this. But I will check it out this monday.
>interessting. you may want to talk with the openssi guys,
>they started to try and integrate drbd early this year.
I did. They had some good suggestions, but it did not work out.  This is the
most frustrating part, most of the other guys who are trying this out,
atleast the first sync goes through for them. For some reason, mine is not
going through.

>>Is drbd very sensitive to network errors?
>well, what is "very sensitive" ?
>and what network errors are you talking about?

I have noticed that my network card for some reason, *sometimes* gives
EAGAIN error on  sock_recvmsg function call. If drbd does not handle this
error well then that might be a reason why it is not recognizing the other
node.

In any case, when I do drbdsetup /dev/nbd/0 wait_sync, I see no traffic
between the two nodes (using ethereal). So there is something fundamentally
wrong in my setup but I have no idea on how to debug or force drbd to make
the connection.

Thanks

Arcot