[DRBD-user] Not working

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Apr 28 10:25:38 CEST 2004

/ 2004-04-28 00:33:12 -0700
\ Neil Schneider:

> Lars Ellenberg said:
> > / 2004-04-27 18:09:20 -0700
> > \ Neil Schneider:
> >> I'm following the instructions on this page.
> >> http://www.slackworks.com/~dkrovich/DRBD/usingdrbdsetup.html to test
> >> drbd
> >> on a pair of servers, connected through a crossover cable to each other.
> >> When I check /proc/drbd I see this.
> >>
> >> 0: cs:SyncingAll st:Secondary/Primary ns:0 nr:5280 dw:5280 dr:0 pe:0
> >> ua:13
> >>         [>...................] sync'ed:  0.1% (65572/65577)M
> >>         finish: 62:11h speed: 236 (251) K/sec
> >> 1: cs:Unconfigured st:Secondary/Unknown ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 dr:0 pe:0 ua:0
> >>
> >> Am I misreading, or is drbd not connecting the two servers?
> >
> > you want to have a look at the example config file (scripts/drbd.conf in
> > the tarball), at the manpage of drbdsetup and drbd.conf, and on the
> > documentation available on drbd.org.
> >
> > hint: sync-max
>
> Yeah, I've been reading the docs. What was confusing me was the second
> line. Why does it show a second device?

Why not?
It shows all minors it can handle.
Currently you have one configured, and one unconfigured drbd device.
If you had loaded the module with minor_count=27, it would show you
26 unconfigured devices.

> Is there any documentation on setting up with LVM, or is it even possible?
> I've been trying to make it work, for a couple of days. If I set up drbd
> first then try to create the LVM on top, pvcreate says:

if you want LVM on top of drbd, you need to use LVM2 because of inherent
limitations of lvm v1.

search for LVM2 on top of drbd in google,
or on http://search.gmane.org , group drbd.

there should be a link in the faq, too, but I am not too sure about this.

	Lars Ellenberg