[DRBD-user] Not working

Neil Schneider pacneil at linuxgeek.net
Wed Apr 28 09:33:12 CEST 2004

Lars Ellenberg said:
> / 2004-04-27 18:09:20 -0700
> \ Neil Schneider:
>> I'm following the instructions on this page.
>> http://www.slackworks.com/~dkrovich/DRBD/usingdrbdsetup.html to test
>> drbd
>> on a pair of servers, connected through a crossover cable to each other.
>> When I check /proc/drbd I see this.
>>
>> 0: cs:SyncingAll st:Secondary/Primary ns:0 nr:5280 dw:5280 dr:0 pe:0
>> ua:13
>>         [>...................] sync'ed:  0.1% (65572/65577)M
>>         finish: 62:11h speed: 236 (251) K/sec
>> 1: cs:Unconfigured st:Secondary/Unknown ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 dr:0 pe:0 ua:0
>>
>> Am I misreading, or is drbd not connecting the two servers?
>
> you want to have a look at the example config file (scripts/drbd.conf in
> the tarball), at the manpage of drbdsetup and drbd.conf, and on the
> documentation available on drbd.org.
>
> hint: sync-max

Yeah, I've been reading the docs. What was confusing me was the second
line. Why does it show a second device?

Is there any documentation on setting up with LVM, or is it even possible?
I've been trying to make it work, for a couple of days. If I set up drbd
first then try to create the LVM on top, pvcreate says:

# pvcreate /dev/nb0
pvcreate -- invalid physical volume "/dev/nb0"

When I run drbd over top of LVM, no changes seem to propogate. And I can't
seem to use /dev/system/home for example as a device for drbd. Is there no
way to combine LVM and drbd?
--
Neil Schneider                              pacneil_at_linuxgeek_dot_net
                                           http://www.paccomp.com

Fires can't be made with dead embers, nor can enthusiasm be stirred by
spiritless men. Enthusiasm in our daily work lightens effort and turns
even labor into pleasant tasks. --James Baldwin