[DRBD-user] Rescue after reduce :(

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Fri May 25 09:19:55 CEST 2012

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 8:32 AM, Christian Völker <cvoelker at knebb.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've a drbd device (8.3) on both sides on aLVM volume.
>
> I tried to reduce the device now. Steps I did:
> - fsck -f (ext3)

fsck of your /dev/drbdX device, I hope?

> - reduced filesystem to 1,400G
> - drbdadm -- --new-size=1450G resize
> - lvreduce drbdvol -L 1500G
> - fsck -f

Again, did you run this on your /dev/drbdX and not on your backing device?

> - lvreduce on secondary
>
> So far everything went fine.
>
> After mounting the device I got a corrupted filesystem  with i/o errors and both nodes are on "diskless".

Kernel logs?

> I assume after the first lvreduce the primary was already on diskless but performed the fsck pn the secondarys disk (which was still on the larger old size)

If you ran your fsck on your DRBD like you would be expected to, then
that shouldn't be a problem. The DRBD device would already have the
smaller size as per "drbdadm resize".

Cheers,
Florian

--