[DRBD-user] Rescue after reduce :(

Christian Völker cvoelker at knebb.de
Fri May 25 09:37:51 CEST 2012

Hi
>> Steps I did:
>> - fsck -f (ext3)
>
> fsck of your /dev/drbdX device, I hope?

Yes, on the /dev/drbd0. Otherwise fsck would have thrown errors, right?

>> - reduced filesystem to 1,400G
>> - drbdadm -- --new-size=1450G resize
>> - lvreduce drbdvol -L 1500G
>> - fsck -f
>
> Again, did you run this on your /dev/drbdX and not on your backing device?

Yes. Pretty sure about it.
Even if not it shouldn't have done any harm as the filesystem was at this stage at 1400GB and the drbd0 device at 1450GB. Correct?

>> - lvreduce on secondary
>>
>> So far everything went fine.
>>
>> After mounting the device I got a corrupted filesystem  with i/o errors and both nodes are on "diskless".
>
> Kernel logs?

I will post them this evening.

>> I assume after the first lvreduce the primary was already on diskless but performed the fsck pn the secondarys disk (which was still on the larger old size)
>
> If you ran your fsck on your DRBD like you would be expected to, then
> that shouldn't be a problem. The DRBD device would already have the
> smaller size as per "drbdadm resize".

Well, then what could be a reason for both being diskless?

Thanls

Christian