[DRBD-user] Rescue after reduce :(

Christian Völker cvoelker at knebb.de
Fri May 25 08:32:02 CEST 2012

Hi,

I've a drbd device (8.3) on both sides on aLVM volume.

I tried to reduce the device now. Steps I did:
- fsck -f (ext3)
- reduced filesystem to 1,400G
- drbdadm -- --new-size=1450G resize
- lvreduce drbdvol -L 1500G
- fsck -f
- lvreduce on secondary

So far everything went fine.

After mounting the device I got a corrupted filesystem  with i/o errors and both nodes are on "diskless".

I assume after the first lvreduce the primary was already on diskless but performed the fsck pn the secondarys disk (which was still on the larger old size)
Any clue how to recover?

And any hints how to perform the reduce properly?

Christian