[DRBD-user] DRBD and memory usage

raveenpl raveenpl at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 19:34:17 CET 2010

raveenpl wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My problem is connected with using very big volumes and high memory usage.
> I have serveral 16Tb's resources (for each my flexible meta disk has
> 640Mb). After bringing up these resources (without starting replication
> process) memory usage of my system is very high (so high that oom-killer
> kills system processes). I have 2Gb ram. Is there any dependence between
> memory usage and size of resources (maybe there is some way to limit this
> usage) ?
>

> Thanks

I use drbd 8.3.6
My kernel is 2.6.27.39

Part of my drbd config:

global {
        disable-ip-verification;
        usage-count no;
}

resource "res1" {
        protocol                C;

        device          minor 1;

        on hostA {
                disk            "/dev/vg00/lv01";
                address        192.168.10.10:12001;
                flexible-meta-disk      "/dev/vg00/meta01";
        }

       on hostB {
                disk            "/dev/vg00/lv01";
                address         192.168.10.20:12001;
                flexible-meta-disk      "/dev/vg00/meta01";
        }

        syncer {
                rate 600M;
        }