[DRBD-user] Public draft of DRBD Users' Guide available, feedback requested

Stefan Seifert nine at detonation.org
Tue Feb 26 13:27:03 CET 2008

On Tuesday, 26. February 2008, Florian Haas wrote:

> We have just published an initial public draft of the all-new DRBD Users'
> Guide which will henceforth be available at
> http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/.

Well, just on the day after I finally got the cluster up and running after
struggeling for nearly half a year, there's all the documentation I'd have
needed... But many thanks anyways, it spares me the writing I've shaped up
today, confirmes my configuration and is really great. From what I've seen
this should really be enough to get one going much quicker than we did :)

> This guide is going to be in "public draft" status all through the month of
> March. We request, strongly encourage and much appreciate feedback.
> Corrections are more than welcome, as are suggestions for improvement.

A link to http://www.clusterlabs.org would be greate, since the documentation
there is already much better than on the linux-ha wiki.

Also I think in the LVM on DRBD chapter, a vgscan is needed after drbdadm
primary on the standby node before vgchange -a y is possible. At least once,
so the LVM .cache get's filled.

> Happy reading.

Many, many thanks, this is really great. I only wished I would have had it
months ago. But at least this way, I learned much about black magic....

Regards,
Stefan Seifert