[DRBD-user] Quick Sync Option

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Wed Jun 23 09:31:18 CEST 2004

On 2004-06-22T15:59:15,
   Jason Gray <jgray at bardelanimation.com> said:

> The only reason I ask is that I have large arrays (2TB) and it takes 3-4
> days to re-sync.

The 0.6.x release will already do a QuickSync if only the secondary went
down (and the primary stayed up); in that case, only the modified blocks
will be synced.

With 0.7.x, drbd does (after a recommended initial fullsync) always only
sync the changed data, regardless of which side went down. This will
greatly speed up your larger arrays and be faster than rsync, even - as
the system knows which blocks are dirty and doesn't have to go looking
for them.

Sincerely,
	Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb at suse.de>

--
High Availability & Clustering	    \ ever tried. ever failed. no matter.
SUSE Labs, Research and Development | try again. fail again. fail better.