[DRBD-user] Quick Sync Option

Jason Gray jgray at bardelanimation.com
Wed Jun 23 00:59:15 CEST 2004

Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:

>On 2004-06-22T14:32:01,
>   Jason Gray <jgray at bardelanimation.com> said:
>

>>I was reading on the Linux-HA site that DRBD has a quick sync option.
>>What command is that?
>>

>It happens automatically.
>

>Sincerely,
>    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb at suse.de>

The only reason I ask is that I have large arrays (2TB) and it takes 3-4
days to re-sync.  If there was a way to re-sync the data (like rsync
using the check sum switch) that only updates changes rather than the
whole array, it would save a considerable amount of time.  The only
other option is the sync-skip option but that reduces the data
reliability.

Jason