[DRBD-user] Problems with drbd syncing

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Sat Jun 5 02:07:04 CEST 2004

/ 2004-06-04 14:56:54 -0700
\ Arcot Arumugam:
> Hi Lars
>
> First, thanks for your response.
> >
> > did you ever look at /proc/drbd ?
ok, sorry, I just notice this may have sounded offending ...
was not meant that way.

> Yes I did many times. Here is the output
>
> On the first node:
>  0: cs:WFConnection st:Primary/Unknown ld:Consistent
>     ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 dr:0 al:1 bm:117 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0
>  1: cs:Unconfigured

as long as they are "WFConnection", the Wait for connecten,
so they are not connected, thus they cannot sync.

> And on the second node:
>  0: cs:Unconnected st:Secondary/Unknown ld:Consistent
>     ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 dr:0 al:0 bm:0 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0
>  1: cs:Unconfigured

Unconnected is even a *transitory* state.

anyways, the output looks like an outdated cvs version.
please use latest cvs, and try again.

and, always *mention* the version of software you use.  with development
versions like drbd 0.7-pre, it makes even a difference from what *day*
your checkout is.

> I remember seeing similar ioctl Failed ;Timer expired briefly on the first
> node bootup. I do not see the message in the logs though.
> I should also add that I am using drbd with OpenSSI to provide redundant
> root file system.

interessting. you may want to talk with the openssi guys,
they started to try and integrate drbd early this year.

> Is drbd very sensitive to network errors?

well, what is "very sensitive" ?
and what network errors are you talking about?

give me more context, please ...

	Lars Ellenberg