linstor-server 1.29.0 release

Rene Peinthor rene.peinthor at linbit.com
Wed Jul 31 13:55:09 CEST 2024

Hi!

With this new version we bring 2 really big performance improvements:
1. All satellite read-only internal API calls now run concurrently.
    This means commands like linstor r l or v l don't need to wait for the
device manager
    to finish on a satellite and should always return within a few seconds.
    Before if a satellite had a high amount of resources and it needed to
adjust them all
    it could take a few minutes until the whole controller/satellite was
responsive again.
2. We reduced the amount of LVM command calls by around 45%.
    This helps on systems where there are a lot of logical volumes and LVM
begins to struggle.

There are also some minor fixes/tweaks which you can read below.

## [1.29.0] - 2024-07-31

### Changed

- Improved responsiveness: Allow some API calls to be executed concurrently
on the satellite
- Added a cache for lvs and vgs/pvs commands, reducing the need to call them
- Changed logback log format to include logid and full timestamp

### Fixed

- Snap, create: Fixed possible deadlock
- Incorrect resource definition already exists error message
- sos-report: Controller not always dumping full log content

https://pkg.linbit.com//downloads/linstor/linstor-server-1.29.0.tar.gz

Linstor PPA:
https://launchpad.net/~linbit/+archive/ubuntu/linbit-drbd9-stack

Cheers,