python-linstor as package

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Tue Jul 30 10:14:15 CEST 2024

On Fri, Jul 26, 2024 at 06:02:37PM +0200, Thomas Roth wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to give linstor a try.
> My linstor-controller and linstore-satellite packages install fine,  but I
> cannot figure out how to create a python-linstor _package_ (deb) - thus
> linstor-client fails to install  - "Package python-linstor is not
> installed."
> Is there some trick to put the library into a debian package?

not really, the repo (mind the submodule) has a debian/ dir and a
Makefile with a "deb" target:
https://github.com/LINBIT/linstor-api-py

If you just want to try out things I'd suggest the PPA:
https://launchpad.net/~linbit/+archive/ubuntu/linbit-drbd9-stack

Later you can also decide to get access to LINBIT's customer
repositories (paid, send an email to sales at linbit.com) that contains all
our packages for various distributions.

HTH, rck