[DRBD-user] drbd-utils v9.26.0-rc.1

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Tue Oct 17 10:05:14 CEST 2023

Dear DRBD users,

this is the first RC for the upcoming 9.26.0 release. My feeling is we
accumulated more features and fixes than usual, so let's introduce some
highlights:

ktls: For all the details please see Phil's drbd-9.2.6-rc.1 announce mail, this
adds the userspace bits. Note for packages: this introduces a new dependency,
see the debian dir and the spec.in file in the git repo for details.

drbd-graceful-shutdown.service: DRBD benefits if a connection is shut down
properly instead of just vanishing. This is a bit of a problem on system
shutdown. A dependency to that service is automatically configured for every
DRBD device when the device shows up in udev. It configures dependencies on
network-online and the drbd at .service and drbd.service (do not use the later
one, it is deprecated and we have ways better ones like the drbd at .service one!)
and on shutdown then downs the resources.

I think these are the most important features, but there have been
improvements to drbdmon, windrbd, the CPU mask size got increased,
events2 with --poll now terminates if the kernel module is unloaded and
returns a specific exit code for "module unload" which allows some
drbd-reactor improvements in the future,...

Please test, if we don't find any issues I will release the final version in
about a week from now.

Regards, rck

ChangeLog:

9.26.0-rc.1
-----------
 * drbdadm,v9: fix segfault if proxy has no path
 * drbd: increase maximum CPU mask size
 * systemd: introduce drbd-graceful-shutdown.service
 * drbdmeta,v9: fix regression, allow attach after offline resize
 * drbdsetup,v9: add path established information to JSON status
 * events2: terminate on module unload even under --poll
 * events2: specif exit code if module unload
 * docs: add spdx license file
 * drbdmon: various smaller improvements
 * drbdsetup,v9: support for TLS/kTLS

GIT: https://github.com/LINBIT/drbd-utils/commit/0198719f67b5d8cc7895524aefdfba35f2818ec6