[DRBD-user] linstor-proxmox v7.0.0-rc.1

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Thu Mar 23 16:09:27 CET 2023

Dear DRBD on PVE users,

This is RC1 of the upcoming 7.0.0 release of linstor-proxmox. First
things first: This *requires* LINSTOR 1.21.1 (or newer).

So far we more or less (size reporting was always a mess) tried to show
a node-local view of storage. For example we only showed pools that
actually exist on a node. This was okay, but had two problems:

- showing only the local storage in a distributed cluster does not make
  too much sense. The actual data lands on nodes LINSTOR decides.
- there are people that have the storage nodes pretty much separated
  from the PVE nodes. For these we did not show any storage information
  on such nodes (as they did not have the RG's SP deployed), which is
  rather confusing.

Now we shifted the calculation of free/used storage to LINSTOR and that
is what we show on all nodes.

tl;tr: we shifted from a node local view to a cluster view.

For PVE nodes we have the following assumption, which we already had:
- linstor-satellite (and all that comes with it: drbd-utils,
  drbd-dkms,...)
- linstor-proxmox plugin installed

If nobody complains this will become 7.0.0 in about a week from now,
please test.

If you use PVE7, you can take this package for testing (LINSTOR should
already be in the stable repos):
https://packages.linbit.com/public/staging/dists/proxmox-7/drbd-9/pool/linstor-proxmox_7.0.0~rc.1-1_all.deb

Regards, rck

GIT: https://github.com/LINBIT/linstor-proxmox/commit/8589c4f41da4d78d4f8c1eb3051e83c296cc10ed