[DRBD-user] Issue creating storage volume with linstor-proxmox

Wolfgang Walkowiak walkowiak at hep.physik.uni-siegen.de
Thu Sep 16 13:16:13 CEST 2021

Dear Roland,

thank you for your response

This proxmox/drbd cluster exists since quite a while and was always
upgraded as upgrades appeared for drbd, linstor and the linstor-proxmox
plugin.

Initially I tried adding a volume group for DfltRscGrp, but it
wouldn't work as I had already existing resource definitions for
the resource group DfltRscGrp.  Thus I had the idea to create a
new resource group and a corresponding volume group and then
to change the resource definitions to use the new resource group.
That worked for me.  Once empty, I was able to create a volume group
for the DfltRscGrp.  In principle I could now migrate the resource
definitions back.

Cheers,

w.w.

On Thu, 16 Sep 2021, Roland Kammerer wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 02:53:39PM +0200, Wolfgang Walkowiak wrote:
>> Message: Could not create resource definition vm-101-disk-1 from resource
>> group DfltRscGrp, because:
>> [{"ret_code":-4611686018406154012,"message":"Invalid count of volume sizes
>> to spawn resource group 'DfltRscGrp'","correction":"Either provide the
>> correct count of volume sizes or use the 'partial' option","details":"The
>> resource group 'DfltRscGrp' has 0 Volume groups, but only 1 sizes were
>> provided.
>
> Did you ever successfully use the plugin in combination with resource
> groups? Or did you upgrade from a very very old version of the plugin?
> Because it just looks like you use the 'DfltRscGrp' but never configured
> a volume group for it. I would not be aware of a bug that deletes volume
> groups from resource groups
>
> You can check if one is configured via:
>
> linstor vg l DfltRscGrp
>
> And if there is none, just add one.
>
> Regards, rck

   Dr. Wolfgang Walkowiak     Phone: +49-271-740-3889
   Fakultaet IV / Physik      Fax  : +49-271-740-3886
   Emmy Noether Campus
   Universitaet Siegen    --> Wolfgang.Walkowiak at hep.physik.uni-siegen.de
   Walter-Flex-Str. 3         Wolfgang.Walkowiak at gmx.net
   57068 Siegen