[DRBD-user] Issue creating storage volume with linstor-proxmox

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Thu Sep 16 11:25:37 CEST 2021

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 02:53:39PM +0200, Wolfgang Walkowiak wrote:
> Message: Could not create resource definition vm-101-disk-1 from resource
> group DfltRscGrp, because:
> [{"ret_code":-4611686018406154012,"message":"Invalid count of volume sizes
> to spawn resource group 'DfltRscGrp'","correction":"Either provide the
> correct count of volume sizes or use the 'partial' option","details":"The
> resource group 'DfltRscGrp' has 0 Volume groups, but only 1 sizes were
> provided.

Did you ever successfully use the plugin in combination with resource
groups? Or did you upgrade from a very very old version of the plugin?
Because it just looks like you use the 'DfltRscGrp' but never configured
a volume group for it. I would not be aware of a bug that deletes volume
groups from resource groups

You can check if one is configured via:

linstor vg l DfltRscGrp

And if there is none, just add one.