[DRBD-user] DRBD + ZFS

Denis drbdsys at made.net
Fri Aug 20 08:22:27 CEST 2021

Il 18/08/21 05:39, Eric Robinson ha scritto:

> I’m considering deploying DRBD between ZFS layers. The lowest layer
> RAIDZ will serve as the DRBD backing device.

Hi Eric,

I'm using drbd over zfs raid 10 ssd without problems.

As I know, RAIDZ has bad performances with block devices, so I advise
you raid 10

> Then I would build another ZFS filesystem on top to benefit from
> compression. Any thoughs, experiences, opinions, positive or negative?
>
> --Eric

You don't need this, zfs on the first layer already compresses the data.

Furthermore, zfs works better with physical disks

Emmanuel Florac, zfs replication is asynchronous, even you can set it
every minute, you always lose some data after a node failure

Denis