[DRBD-user] drbd-9.0.23-0rc1

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Mon May 11 15:15:02 CEST 2020

Hi,

A few fixes are waiting...
The regression is, of course, painful, and causes a lot of thinking
here about how we can get better at testing and verifying our changes.
There is a plan.

The area of handling IO errors needed a bit of love and quickly adding
and removing nodes with LINSTOR is an area where bugs where hidden.

Help us to find out what is broken within a week. If you fail, this
becomes a final release on May 18.

9.0.23-0rc1 (api:genl2/proto:86-116/transport:14)
--------
 * fix a deadlock (regression introduced in 9.0.22) that can be
   triggered if a minor is added into a resource with an established
   connection
 * generate new UUID immediately if a primary loses a disk due to an IO
   error
 * fix read requests on diskless nodes that hit a read error on a
   diskful node; the retry on another diskful node works, but a bug
   could lead to a log-storm on the diskless node
 * fix removal of diskless nodes from clusters with quorum enabled
   (initiated from the diskless itself)
 * fix wrongly declined state changes if connections are established
   concurrently
 * use rwsem _non_owner() operations to avoid false positives of
   lock-dep when running on a debug kernel

https://www.linbit.com/downloads/drbd/9.0/drbd-9.0.23-0rc1.tar.gz

best regards,
 Phil